THE SOUNDS THAT ELECTRIFIED IN SYMPHONIC ROCK … your car just SHOOK …
Yes, the haunting whispers of time … Even your grandmother was shocked/adored every moment … the immortal eight live in your car for all time:
- “ODE TO L.A”/THE RAVONETTES … so good it is scary with Ronnie Spector (Ronettes) doing Phil Spector wall of choral sound recaps in the BACKGROUND an incredible one half century after her #1 Ronettes hit / Phil Spector monster “Be my Baby”
- “MAYBE”/THE CHANTELS … PROBABLY THE GREATEST POP RECORD EVER MADE … if you’re a long haul trucker at 3 a,m. in Wyoming freezing winter all night 3 a.m. radio and THAT comes on when you are rolling MAN YOU TURN THAT MOTHER UP… GOSPEL /ROCK/POETRY/AWESOME VOCAL TALENT …go Arleeeenie a 17 year old EVEREST right out of the church choir!
- “I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE ME”/THE PARIS SISTERS PRODUCED BY MR. WALL OF SOUND HIMSELF PHIL SPECTOR … haunts you forever … have the long gone Paris sisters whisper to thee via an actual relic YouTube jukebox.
- “LA CARRETERA”/JULIO IGLESIAS … take a long all night drive guys … trucks, vans hotels and doorway passing … remember the electrifying babe … does she care at all? … and run off the road … just think about her … the voodoo woman. waiting at the end of the road but Julio you are never going to make it … Gow she do dat magic? The Iglesias immortal monster lives forever on video/now Julio about that 140 miles an hour on your speedometer … Nooooo, Julio, noooooo.
- “ONE SUMMER NIGHT”/THE DANLEERS … they were together for only 100 days on the summer beach night air waves … a one hit wonder forever … but they are boss for all time in just two minutes flat …
- “LISTEN TO HER HEART”/TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS … broke Florida’s finest worldwide … his thunder card …
- “DON’T WORRY BABY”/THE BEACH BOYS … you drift through time. There she is … always in high school … always. Considered by many the best FM radio cruisin’ music ever.
- THE EIGHTH IS of course “ANGEL OF THE MORNING”/MERRILEE RUSH AND THE TURNABOUTS … just stands alone out there. Don’t cry.